- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 cup rice, soy, almond, or oat milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen fruit of your choice
- 8 ice cubes
There are many variations on this recipe. Here are some of my favorites:
- Add a splash or two of coconut milk for a creamier texture and for healthy medium-chain fatty acids.
- Substitute almonds or walnuts (soaked overnight) for the cashews.
- Blend a date with the nuts and milk for a sweeter flavor.
- Add 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or ginger.
- If using a banana as fruit, add 1 tsp coffee substitute.
- Add 1 tsp ground flax seeds.
- Add a splash of vanilla extract.
Do you have health issues that aren't being adequately addressed by conventional medicine? Naturopathic care may be the answer you're looking for. Visit my website for more information about naturopathic medicine, and begin your journey toward optimal health!